View Profile SirHadoken

3 Movie Reviews

Not only am I really fond of your art style, I'm exceedingly fond of the way you tell these things. It's casual fairly direct, but it's serious and insightful all at the same time. This is one of those concepts that, depending on what you do with your life, can either mean something really small or really big, and no matter how significant it ends up being for me, I'll remember it for a long, LONG while.
Thank you for this, I sincerely enjoyed it.

That "I just want to lay down and die" got me hard xD
The animation is actually EXTREMELY smooth, and every bit of detail is noticeably well done.

PhantomArcade responds:

I appreciate that, man. Thanks!

Jonathan fainted.
This is clearly the best thing that has ever existed.

86 Audio Reviews

Oooh this is nice! Definitely resembles the styles of the Sonic and Megaman franchises' OSTs, and does a damn good job at it too. Crisp mixing and clean design. Good luck with the contest!

endKmusic responds:

Yay!
Much thanks for the kind words!
Thanks for stopping by. :)

I don't really think there's anything I can say that Zelazon hasn't already. I like the idea of it, and it does feel like it has a way of moving the listener from a point A to a point B. However, the sounds seem at some points like they're fighting to be heard over the others. The little tapping in the background feels like it's an absolutely essential backbone to the track, since it would otherwise just be a banjo-y thing, but with it being the same sixteenth-note hammer all the way through with the slightly different tap on beats 2 and 4, it does feel like it could use a little more variation to really enforce that banjo-picker mojo. The quality of the sounds seems fine; I'm using cheap earbuds so I can't really judge that effectively. I of course can't evaluate the melody since it's a remake of another track, but the way that you shaped the atmosphere around it works really well.
Overall a pretty interesting take on another track; there are some aspects that detract from its overall unity but it still has value as a piece and the originality of it is noteworthy.

(P.S.: With how many people's songs you review, I'm not sure how you haven't been scouted yet. I figured you review enough audio on Newgrounds by this point that you probably find some unscouted artists that would make good audio portal members, so I went ahead and sent you a scout invitation.)

SI-7 responds:

I totally agree it could use a lot more variation. The instrument quality could definitely be better, I was only using free stuff. I kind of rushed this one after deleting what I originally had planned cause what I originally did sounded like a mess. As for why I'm not scouted, that's kind of confusing, because I got scouted by AlexMaden years ago. I got my audio scouting privileges taken away, though, I think because I'm a poor scout.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

This revitalized take on the song is so interesting. I can tell that it's Jumper, but it's also its own complete new thing. Not only does it prove your versatility in being able to portray the same song in two completely different ways, it reprises your progress as an artist who's gone from a spunky young chiptuner to a master of his craft. Albeit a little repetitive, that's something I would expect from a Jumper redux, and everything else makes up for it.

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't really like the original Jumper all that much, but this most definitely leaves a lot more pleasant taste in my mouth (or..ears, I guess?), nice work. :)

1 Art Review

YOU ARE SO GOOD.
I don't have any skill in art, so I know my opinion may not be the most reliable, but I swear, this is amazing. You managed to capture every detail, from the wrinkles in the contracted ventricle all the way up to the shape of the opening of the aorta.
10/10, WELL DONE, BIEN HECHO

In short, I'm just a teenage nobody who has no idea what he's doing; yet finds joy in fiddling around with stuff, which is what pretty much everything I make will be.

17, Male